2008年4月1日火曜日

kimono

I like Kimono very much.
I think it sounds like a kind of fabric museum.
Different patterns have different meanings and
so do the fabric, which is quite interesting.
For instance, if you wear it in mid summer,
kimono has to be chosen the one made of hemp.
The texture is called "RO-絽-" in Japanese.
The season which is expressed by pattern and picture
on Kimono is supposed to be ahead of what the season really
is at that moment.
It gives everybody a kind of good expectation
towards the upcoming season.

I'll take an example of dragonflies which is a simbol of autumn.
They are often drawn on summer kimono.
If you walk on the street with it in a hot day,
people watch you might feel cooler.
Thus kimono has beautiful magic.


I prefer wearing them quite tightly.
Once you get a tip, you can find you feel
much more comfortable rather than wearing it loosely.

The photo is the one which was taken
at a party. I brought quite a few of them from Japan.
The party was planned as fancy so that
I decided to put it on.
Does it go to me?