2008年4月4日金曜日

peanut butter cookies

Last night I baked some peanut butter cookies. I
had tasted just a couple of those, because
I'm gonna give them to my friends tommorrow
as little gifts.
I hope they like the cookies.
It did taste lovely and remind me when I was little.
First time I baked peanut butter cookies,
I was, if I remember rightly, in the second grade
of primary school.
There was a church near where I was living.
I used to take part in the service and
sunday school for children every sunday.
At that time, a missionary who is American,
apart from the preature who belongs to the church,
was working there and his family were living near
to the church.

I was invited to the house by the missionary's wife.
Two other pupils from the sunday school and I visited there.
The house was really big for the city, especially the yard.
We walked down to the long path to the house.
I can still remember it's like Ann's house in Green Gables.
The main purpose of the meeting was to bake "Peanut butter
cookies" for volunteers of the church.
Easter was coming up at that time.
I guess, at the moment, it must have been busy
for them with the preparation such as colouring
easter eggs and things.
That's why ms. planned to give these gifts away to them.
At the beginning of cooking, I was thinking
it's like cooking school and we could have a
cup of tea with them later on.
HOWEVER, I wasn't sure why we were baking
hundreds of cookies.
Anyway, I enjoyed doing it much.
I especially enjoyed crushing the dough with folks
to put some cross shapes on each dough.
You can have a look here what it is like;
The folk work is absolutely fun!
Towards the end of this enjoyable time,
ms. started to put these tons of cookies
into her cans.
Nothing into my mouse...
Then finally I knew I was actually a cookie baker
volunteer, ha ha.
good memory...