2008年10月14日火曜日

opera 2 -salome-

I have been really keen on watching Salome. It was lucky to see it at MET opera.
Have you ever come across that? I'm not gonna explain the detailed story here(see below),
but I'll just try to describe what I felt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salome

First of all, Iwas surprised that the MET production was really
a sort of avant-garde; salome was wearing a modern silk
silver dress without veils, King Herodias was wearing like a
white business suit, the dancing stage at the party was made of
crystal steps like in apple store!
They are all unlikely.
I was anticipating to see more classic stage, costumes and so on.
I wondered MET right in "NY" was trying to do something a sort of
underground? or quite original if you like... compared to the other opera theatres.

Anyway, it was really interesting.
I'm just curious about "necrophilia" in technical terms
to really understand Salome.