2008年10月28日火曜日

opera 4 -Madam Butterfly-







I am personally not so attracted by the story but
the production was extraordinarily awesome. Sooo fantastic.
It convicted me opera was not just a recital, concert,
ballet and fine-arts but opera-''Gesamtkunstwerk".
Also I found MET is performing Madam Butterfly in very challenging and modern way.
See the pictures, they got an idea of using a Bunraku doll, puppet for Japanese traditional art performance, in stead of a human boy. This should be because the the story is basically about Japan. You can also see the colour of the madam's belt, "OBI"-the belt for Kimono, is red
and they use it in an unusual way.
I think this symbolizes the blood of madam who is about to comit suicide for the shock of
Pincarton's betrayal.

By the way, I've found this:)
just click it and enjoy.
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRIi2_7TCY