2008年12月10日水曜日

opera 7 -- Tristan und Isolde



I went to MET for Tristan und Isolde. I just haven't been able to wait
for this performance. So excited.
I've planned I 've got a quite good seat for this performance.
My seat was in the personal box area in lower level
and every time I come and go, a lady staff locks the personal door.
The picture is the view from the seat.
It costed more than $100, but I think this is still far cheaper than
the one in Japan.

I remember when I was a graduate student, a professor who taught me
composition had been talking about just first ONE! bar throughout the semester......
Now I got to know why he was so excited about this master piece.

Can you believe this performance took more than five hours.
Impossible in Japan, don't you think?
The conductor was Barenboim.
It's just impossible for me to find the right word to express how
extraordinary this performance was.
I didn't feel this had been lasting more than 5 hours.
The performance was just beyond the time.
WO---W so amazing.
Opera is just awesome.
I just can't tell sooo many incredible awesome things are totally integrated as An Art right on THIS stage.
Seeing is believing.