2008年2月20日水曜日

Haruki Murakami

Good morning.
It's been nice and warm around here.
The city where I live at the moment is quite quiet and safe, which is good.
Haruki Murakami, a Japanese novelist, used to live right in this area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruki_Murakami
He is writing in his book titled 'Yagate Kanashiki Gaikokugo'
that Princeton is quiet enough to concentrate on writing.
Yesterday, I finished reading this book.
It's interesting and I have several things I would agree.
There are lots of translations of his books coming out,
but I'm afraid this book hasn't been done yet.
You've ever probably come across 'Norwegian wood', haven't you?
I like 'South of the Border, West of the Sun' the best.
By the way, do you like music?
What kind of music do you listen or play?
I do listen to classical music, Rock, Jazz and such and such.
I love music which makes me feel great whatever it is.
I play the piano. I started learning it at the age of 2.
So it has a kind of feeling that it's a part of me.
I've ever learnt a bit about the violin and guitar, but
not much to express myself.
The photo is one of my pianos.
I left it in Japan and really miss it.
I haven't got the instrument here.
I'm just thiking if I'm gonna rental it,
but haven't really decided it yet.
see how it goes.