2008年3月31日月曜日

chinese bean soup and five coloured beans

This is the photo of "o shiru ko". I made it on 3rd of February, which is called "Setsu bun"
in Japanese.
I really don't wanna forget our traditional custom even
when I'm in a different country.

There are not so many Japanese foods available
around here. It's ok. I could manage with
the situation for daily life.
However, when you try something traditional,
it needs to use some special ingredients, doesn't it?
So in such an occasion, I try to think about the best
menu with stuff I can get here.

When I was in London, I had some nice friends from Hong Kong.
They told me lots of things about their culture.
Chinese oshiruko is one of them.
What they were doing was they put some coconut milk with bean soup.
It was my first time to have that sort of oshiruko. It's not so
sticky and tastes very nice.
I occasionary make this chinese bean soup.
You should try!