2008年3月29日土曜日

squirrels

I was successful to take some pictures of squirrels!
Look at that!
When I was in London as a grad student,
I often saw squirrels around the college
and dorm where I was living.
I guess the squirrels in US look quite different from the one I saw in London.
They look far bigger than UK's and they don't seem
to be scared anything even for human beings,
which is interesting.


Squirrels in UK, as far as I know, were so careful
that they wouldn't turn up in front of us.
So it was extremely hard to take a look for them.
They cutely eat acorns and things but
once they feel someone/things are there, they run away
incredibly quickly or they try to pretend like still statues,
which is quite funny.
They are so lovely to me, but lots of friends in UK
don't feel like me to them.
Because they are harmful for lots of bulbs.
People in UK hate the animals' digging up
their well kept beautiful gardens.


On the contrary to UK's, squirrels in US wouldn't,
I guess, seem to hibernate at all.
I'm really curious about this trait.
Does anyone know much about it?